Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Breaking Up is Hard Work

I was with my now ex-girlfriend for 7 years and I'm telling you, breaking up is pretty much like a divorce at this point. After calling off our marriage about 2 weeks ago, we've gone from agreeing to split up the remaining bills that we each have, to her just wanting half of the house money and not splitting anything. She is joint tenant on the house, so she gets half whether I like it or not.

We're still living in the house together and splitting things up pretty reasonably, but it would be easier if one of us was not there.

We also have to sell the house before she'll get any money and we don't know how much its going to sell for. I would like enough to pay off some bills and possibly put down a deposit on a new house, but the market is outrageous and I'll probably end up in an apartment.

I am looking forward to being single for the first time in almost 10 yrs., especially since I will have some money to have fun with. I'm also dreading the times when I'll be home alone w/ nothing to do and no one to talk to. Fortunately, I do have a great family to lean on and a good group of friends to help me out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home