Thursday, May 19, 2005

Installed SOD, then flooded backyard

It would seem logical that your sprinkler timer would work just the way you program it, but I can now say that's not the case.

I installed SOD in my backyard on Tuesday and proceeded to setup watering times per the recommendations from the SOD company - water 40 minutes, 4 times per day. I didn't even set it as high as 40 minutes, but it must have watered the grass about 80 times yesterday and today because it's been a swamp every night when I get home from work.

My thoughts are that the timer isn't hooked up right or the sprinkler valve isn't releasing/closing properly, so the sprinklers stay on for a longer time than they're suppose to.

Meanwhile, I look like an idiot in my work clothes out there trying to persuade all of the extra water to flow towards the front yard. I haven't fallen down in the mud yet, but I might as well have; my work clothes are dirty as hell.

I'm turning off the timer for tomorrow, so we'll see what happens...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home