Tuesday, December 07, 2004

What a Weekend...

Where do I start... Friday night I went over to my buds' after work and we ended up drinking and playing Playstation2 all night. It was fun, but he fell asleep so I jetted.

Saturday was cool, except it's not suppose to rain in Phoenix (I wish). It rained all day, spoiling my plans to work on the backyard and install sprinklers. However, it left me all day to work on my motorcycle that my parents gave for my B-day 2 yrs ago (Yes, it took 2 yrs. to get it from Salt Lake to Phx because I don't have a truck). Same bud from Friday night came over and we took apart the engine; unfortunately, it needed rebuilt. A trip to the local motorsports store resulted in me being about $300 lighter in the wallet. Oh well, as long as I can get the bike running, it will be worth it.

After the store, we decided to go to a local cowboy bar; I don't particularly like country music, so I'm always a little out of place there, but there aren't any other bars in the vicinity. We had a lot of drinks, played shuffleboard & then listened to the live bar; they weren't too bad. They had a CD w/ a remake of Toby Keith's "I Love this Bar", except it was "I Love NASCAR"... cool song. The DJ said he'd make me a copy, but after what I say next, I doubt if they'll let us back in.

So my friend likes to take shots... After about 4 pitchers of beer and 3 shots, he decides its time for another one (bad move). Within like 15 seconds, the shot & everything else in his stomach is all over the bar stools, floor, etc. I gave him a few minutes to compose himself & then we bolted. I feel bad, but what are you going to do? They probably would've kicked us out anyway.

Sunday was like the worst day of NFL I've ever seen. We have a football pool in my neighborhood and I was pretty confident that I was going to win for a 2nd week in a row... boy was I wrong. If the team was suppose to win, it lost. If the team was suppose to lose, it won. To put it mildly - one guy just picked his teams based on a "left, right, left, right" sequence, not caring who the teams were. I'm sure you know what happens next - HE WINS this week. Hoping for a better picks this weekend.

Btw - I didn't make the camping trip afterall, but I hope to soon. As soon as it stops F****** raining...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home